Murphy is a finalist on Big Break Ireland and the Season Finale airs tonight at 9PM ET on Golf Channel. Being from Ireland, many thought that he would have the advantage in the tough weather. During the show, Ireland gave the Big Break some of its worst weather and getting up in the morning he would tell everyone how much he loved playing in those conditions just to try to psych the others out.
He said that everyone on the show were really good friends during the entire Big Break experience and have remained friends since the show has ended. The respect that he has for the women professional golfers has gone up significantly since the show and he will be caddying for fellow cast member Nicole as she tries to earn her LPGA Tour card for 2012 in the final stage of Q-School next week.
During the show, he had a bunker shot for $5,000 and he was so nervous over that shot. He kept telling himself not to skull the ball and at the same time he was trying to think about several other factors. The viewers have no idea what the contestants deal with during the competition and it was one of the greatest experiences of his life. He lives in New Orleans and he will be watching the Season Finale tonight with a group of friends.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path