2-time Major Champion Mark O’Meara will play in the PNC Father/Son Challenge this December in Orlando, FL with his son Shaun. When asked why he loves this event so much, he said that he has always had so much fun playing with his son and he really enjoyed playing with his father when he was growing up. He has been blessed to have so many great moments in his life and career in golf, but some of his greatest moments have involved his family.
After winning 16 times on the PGA TOUR, it took some time for him to win on the Champions Tour but the fact is is that it is truly difficult to win on this tour. He certainly wishes that he won earlier and more often on the Champions Tour but he is just happy to still be competing at a high level.
During his PGA TOUR career, he played a lot of tournaments overseas in places like Japan and Australia and really enjoyed those experiences in part because he was proud to represent the United States and the PGA TOUR. He is enjoying the fact that more players are playing overseas more often and hopes that they will continue to do so.
Tiger Woods has done so much for the game of golf over the years and during the early part of his career, he was so focused on his pursuit of Major Championships that team competition did not receive as much attention from him. As Tiger has gotten older, his appreciation of the Ryder Cup and the Presidents Cup has grown and we have seen numerous examples of Tiger Woods stating and showing how much he loves the team competitions.
When asked if he regretted not being a U.S. Ryder Cup team captain, he said that he wished he had had the chance to lead the 2006 team in Ireland but the PGA of America is a great organization and he just did not get the job. He played on five Ryder Cup teams and he feels very fortunate to have had the opportunity to be involved in such a great competition.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots