Kevin Na is a very fascinating player to watch as he is a very fidgety player and although Rolfing doubts that Na will become more fidgety, he does believe that Na’s quirks will receive more coverage now that he is in a prominent position on the leaderboard. He is under a lot of pressure from his peers because he is a slow player and a quirky player and it will be interesting to see what the extra attention will do.
Rory McIlroy has never played well at TPC Sawgrass. McIlroy is the kind of player who likes to kick it into high gear on the course and TPC Sawgrass is not that kind of course. Along with the fact that TPC Sawgrass does not favor bombers, it is also a course where you have to plod around and think on every single shot and every single putt.
Rolfing is not sure that any one player is under more pressure than everyone else however he noted that Zach Johnson should be feeling some pressure because it is a Ryder Cup year and Zach wants to play on Davis Love III’s team. Harris English should not be under any pressure this weekend because he is a rookie and has nothing to lose. English is not only a very talented player but he is also a very nice person. Rolfing says that he has been impressed with English ever since he watched him in the U.S. Amateur Public Links at Bandon Dunes a few years ago.
When you watch Global Golf Adventures-Chicago today on NBC, Rolfing says that you will see that this was a labor of love for him. This show is a preview of the 2012 Ryder Cup at Medinah in Chicago and he talks to various Chicago athletes and visits various athletic sites in Chicago including Wrigley Field and Soldier Field. Another thing that viewers will be able to see is that he is not a fan of the Chicago White Sox.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots