Michele Tafoya is a reporter for NBC’s Sunday Night Football coverage and she is part of tonight’s NFL kickoff on NBC with the Dallas Cowboys against the New York Giants beginning at 7:30PM ET. A win for the Dallas Cowboys tonight would be very significant in that they had the chance to knock the New York Giants out of the playoffs last year and failed to do so. A win tonight would get the bad taste of the mouths of the Cowboys and would provide a great start to the season.
An issue coming into the new NFL season is the current lockout of the referees. Replacement refs will take the field tonight and in games in the future until a new agreement can be reached between the referees and the NFL. The replacement refs are not as experienced and lack the established relationships with the coaches that the regular referees have.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly