Michele Tafoya is a reporter for NBC’s Sunday Night Football coverage and she is part of tonight’s NFL kickoff on NBC with the Dallas Cowboys against the New York Giants beginning at 7:30PM ET. A win for the Dallas Cowboys tonight would be very significant in that they had the chance to knock the New York Giants out of the playoffs last year and failed to do so. A win tonight would get the bad taste of the mouths of the Cowboys and would provide a great start to the season.
An issue coming into the new NFL season is the current lockout of the referees. Replacement refs will take the field tonight and in games in the future until a new agreement can be reached between the referees and the NFL. The replacement refs are not as experienced and lack the established relationships with the coaches that the regular referees have.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Woods pulls out of AT&T with strained elbow
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path