- In the Open
Troy Matteson lost the John Deere Classic in a playoff but his 2nd place finish got him into The Open Championship. Jeev Milkha Singh's win in the Aberdeen Asset Management Scottish Open also got him into the 3rd major of 2012.
- Zach Attack
Zach Johnson made a brilliant shot from a fairway bunker on the 2nd playoff hole in the John Deere Classic to make birdie and beat Troy Matteson. It's Johnson's 2nd win of 2012 and he's now 2nd in the FedExCup standings.
- Roger, Roger
Roger Chapman shot a final round 66 to win the U.S. Senior Open by two shots for his 2nd Major of 2012. He also took home the Senior PGA Championship in May.
- Labelle Singing
Doug LaBelle II made clutch putts at 16 and 18 to win the Utah Championship by a single shot on the Web.com Tour. His 2nd career Web.com tour win moves him up to 14th on the money list.
- BP Oil Spill Settlement
- College Tuition Costs
7:03a ET: Steve Sands, Golf Channel Reporter
7:12a ET: Bertha Coombs, CNBC Business Report
7:45 & 8:45a ET: Tim Rosaforte, Golf World Senior Writer
7:54a ET: Lauren Thompson, Top 10 Things You Missed
8:03a ET: Frank Nobilo, Golf Channel Analyst
8:15a ET: Ron Sirak, Golf World Executive Editor
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“A Horse With No Name” by America
“Crossroads” by Cream
“I’m Eighteen” by Alice Cooper
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Tuesday, July 17
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- McDowell rises to No. 7 in OWGR; Bae 64th
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play