- 4 For Els
Ernie Els carded four back 9 birdies, including a 12-footer on the 18th hole to post 7-under-par to win The 141st Open Championship by a single shot. It's his 2nd career Open title and 4th career major championship victory.
- Scott's Slide
Els got some help from Adam Scott, who bogeyed the last 4 holes Sunday to shoot a final round 75. Scott finished one shot back as he still searches for the first major win of his career.
- Waiting for 15
Tiger Woods was even par after 5 holes Sunday before hitting into a greenside bunker on 6. It led to triple bogey. Woods shot a final round 73 to finish in a tie for 3rd place. It's his highest finish in a major since the 2009 PGA Championship.
- No Stalling
Scott Stallings ended any talk of having a sophomore slump with a two-shot win in the True South Classic over Jason Bohn. It is his 2nd career PGA TOUR win and remember, he won The Greenbrier Classic in his 2011 rookie season.
- Libor Trading Scandal
- Kodak Loses Patent Lawsuit
7:12a ET: Kayla Tausche, CNBC Business Report
7:30a ET: Frank Nobilo, Golf Channel Analyst
7:45 & 8:45a ET: Tim Rosaforte, Golf World Senior Writer
7:54a ET: Lauren Thompson, Top 10 Things You Missed
8:15a ET: Ron Sirak, Golf World Executive Editor
8:30a ET: Ken Schofield, Former European Tour Exec. Director
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“You and Me” by Dave Matthews Band
“Reflections” by Diana Ross & The Supremes
“Fourth Time Around” by Bob Dylan
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Tuesday, July 24
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play