- Kuchar Conquers
Matt Kuchar made birdies when it mattered to win THE PLAYERS. Kuchar shot a steady final round 70 to win for the 4th time on the PGA TOUR and first time since 2010. With the win, he rises to number 5 in the Official World Golf Ranking.
- Just Short
Rickie Fowler's bid for back-to-back PGA TOUR wins ended two shots short. He birdied 16 and 17 but missed a 7-foot birdie attempt at 18 that would have put some pressure on Kuchar. Fowler tied for 2nd with Zach Johnson, Martin Laird and Ben Curtis.
- Final Round Fury
Even thru 9 holes, World #2 Luke Donald put on a show with 6 birdies in 8 holes on the Back 9 to rise all the way up to a 6th place finish. Despite the fantastic finish, he narrowly missed out on a chance to regain World #1.
- Casey's Concern
Paul Casey withdrew from this week's Volvo World Match Play with a right shoulder injury. Remember, he dislocated the shoulder during a snowboarding accident over the holidays. Robert Karlsson takes his spot in the field.
- JPMorgan Resignations
- 7-Eleven’s New Low Calorie Slurpee
- Ally Financial Expected to File for Bankruptcy
- Facebook Founder’s 28th Birthday
7:12a ET: Jackie DeAngelis, CNBC Business Report
7:45a ET: Tim Rosaforte, Golf World Senior Writer
7:52a ET: Lauren Thompson, Top 10 Things You Missed
8:15a ET: Ron Sirak, Golf World Executive Editor
8:30a ET: Jimmy Roberts, Golf Channel on NBC Essayist
WATCH & LISTEN TO TODAY'S ACTION
Best of Morning Drive May 14, 2012 > Listen Now
*WEB EXCLUSIVE* Butch Harmon on Tiger & Phil > Watch Now
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“Famous Last Words” by Billy Joel
“Hard Sun” by Eddie Vedder
“Ooh La La” by Faces
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Tuesday, May 15
GUEST HOST Jimmy Roberts
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play