- Shin Shines
Jiyai Shin's 2nd round 64 on Saturday propelled her into a dominating win in the RICOH Women's British Open. Shin finished at 9-under par for a 9-shot win. It's her 2nd win of 2012 and her 2nd career LPGA major championship.
- Gonzo Goes Low
Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano fired a bogey free 8-under-par 64 in the final round of the BMW Italian Open to win by 2 shots over Garth Mulroy. It's his 6th career European Tour win and his 1st of 2012.
- Boise's Boy
Luke Guthrie went 62-65 on the weekend to win the Albertsons Boise Open by 4 shots. It's his first career Web.com Tour win in just his 6th event. Guthrie moved up to 4th on the money list with the victory.
- Wood Wins
Willie Wood finished birdie-birdie to erase a 5-shot deficit to win the inaugural Pacific Links Hawaii Championship. It's his 2nd career Champions Tour win and his 2nd of 2012.
- McDonald’s Counting Calories
- Wasendorf Pleads Guilty to Fraud
- NHL Owners Lock Out Players
7:12a ET: Hampton Pearson, CNBC Business Report
7:30a ET: Victoria Elizabeth, Symetra Tour
7:45 & 8:45a ET: Tim Rosaforte, Golf World Senior Writer
7:54a ET: Lauren Thompson, Top 10 Things You Missed
8:15a ET: Ron Sirak, Golf World Executive Editor
8:30a ET: Tom Abbott, Golf Channel Reporter
If interested in the music you heard today on "Morning Drive", download it on iTunes.
“Speed of Sound” by Coldplay
“Here Comes the Sun” by The Beatles
“I Don’t Like Mondays” by The Boomtown Rats
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com weekdays at 7AM ET
Tuesday, September 18
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path