Paul Johnson is the Head Football Coach at Georgia Tech and he teamed with Jon Barry to lead Georgia Tech to a second straight title in this event where a record $763,000 was raised for scholarships and charity. The Challenge is an event that is played in a two-man scramble format with the football coach and a notable alum from a university. Johnson guesses that he has about a 7 handicap right now although he is having some trouble playing to it.
On the question of a four-team playoff for the BCS Championship, Johnson thinks that it will eventually become a reality but that the BCS should actually adopt a 16-team playoff. Some people say that a 16-team playoff would diminish the regular season but Johnson disagrees and he knows from experiences. If he were in charge, there would be a 16-team playoff. However, he is not in charge so he doubts that there will ever be 16 teams in a BCS playoff although he does think that there will be four teams.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots