Rep. John Boehner and Ari Storch - August 27, 2012
- By Morning Drive Team
- Aug 27, 2012 8:32 AM ET
Ohio Congressman John Boehner is the Speaker of the U.S. House of Representatives and he appeared on Morning Drive with Co-Chairman and Co-Founder of Artemis Strategies Ari Storch who is also the host of this Birdies For The Brave event at TPC Tampa Bay.
Boehner does not get to play much golf but he did shoot a round of even par playing with friends including 2-time Major Champion Fuzzy Zoeller at Crooked Stick GC in Indiana where he made 18 straight pars. He is a 10 handicap so he can shoot 75 or 85 but his round at Crooked Stick was by far his best of the year.
Storch said that his involvement with the Birdies For The Brave during the week of the Republican National Convention in Tampa has been very rewarding as they have been able to raise a large amount of money for a great cause. This would not be possible without the involvement and support of people like Speaker Boehner and Governor McDonnell. This community has worked very hard to stand strong against a possible hurricane and come out and support this event as well as the Republican National Convention.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process