When he asked players about the news that the fall events for the 2013-2014 season will have full FedExCup points, he said that Jim Furyk’s opinion that if the PGA TOUR is going to do this they should go all the way represents the feeling of many players. The PGA TOUR is taking its time on the Q-School/Nationwide Tour proposal because everyone knows that they cannot afford to get this wrong.
Rex spoke with Zach Johnson’s Swing Coach Mike Bender on Sunday night after Zach finished runner-up and Bender said that over the past few years, Zach’s putting stats have dropped very slightly and during the last offseason they worked to improve putting and that has played a big role in Zach’s improved performance.
Boo Weekley went to a new swing coach about 18 months ago and he has also enlisted a former professional golfer who can help him read greens. Armed with a new putter, Weekley has been playing with renewed confidence as he has followed a T14 in Houston with another top 10 finish in Hilton Head at the site of his two PGA TOUR wins.
John Huh is the leading contender for Rookie of the Year because he has won in 2012 but other contenders include Harris English and Sang-Moon Bae. While English and Bae have not won, they have both had numerous great performances this year.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae