Hoggard was in California this week for the Chevron World Challenge. He asked Joe LaCava if he saw any change in Tiger’s demeanor over the last few holes and Joe said that Tiger remained incredibly calm when he was in the hunt. Earlier in the week, Tiger’s friend Notah Begay III said that Tiger should not feel anything when he is in the hunt. Most players will say that Tiger definitely had a great win this week but since the win came in December against a small field, they would not consider him “back” until he won a full-field event in 2012. Tiger and everyone in his camp are just happy that at the very least, Tiger had another solid week to close 2011.
Tiger enters 2012 with a lot of momentum and as a result, the PGA TOUR and all of golf also enters 2012 with momentum. He knows that the atmosphere will be charged when he goes to Abu Dhabi to play and the same will be true wherever he decides to make his U.S. debut.
Hoggard is heading to La Quinta for the final round of Q-School today. Billy Hurley, David Duval, and pretty much everyone at the top after 90 holes are all great stories and Hoggard cannot remember there ever being this many great stories at the same time in the ten years that he has been covering the Final Stage of PGA TOUR Q-School. 90-hole leader Marco Dawson is 48 years old and underwent back surgery in 2003. He has also been through Q-School 5 times and Dawson is an example of a number of veteran players who are journeymen and are able to consistently get through the gauntlet of Q-School. Dawson and others have been through this so many times that they may become de-sensitized to all of the pressure.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose