When it comes to predicting the Official World Golf Ranking, he is surprised to hear that so many people do not think that Luke Donald will not repeat the performance that he turned in in 2011. While Erik and Gary predicted that Tiger will be 5th in the World at the end of 2012, Rex thinks that he will be 2nd in the world. He thinks that a Major win for Tiger in 2012 will be difficult but still believes that he will win multiple times this season.
Brandt Snedeker is recovering from surgery on his right hip and had surgery on his left hip last year. While Snedeker will not be in the field for the Hyundai Tournament of Champions following his win in the 2011 RBC Heritage, he expects to play in the Humana Challenge. Rex has been in contact with Brandt’s manager and the manager said that his recovery is ahead of schedule.
This is a Ryder Cup year and a number of players are making decisions about their dual memberships. For example, Paul Casey has decided to just be a member of the European Tour after he lost his PGA TOUR card following 2011. Martin Laird of Scotland will take up dual membership while Lee Westwood and Rory McIlroy are adding PGA TOUR membership in 2012.
When it comes to rookies on the PGA TOUR in 2012, guys like Jason Kokrak and Erik Compton stand out in his mind as players who could have great years and be great stories. Overall, Lexi Thompson on the LPGA Tour is the one rookie that he will be paying the most attention to in 2012. As for New Year’s Resolutions, he said that he aims to stop texting while driving.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path