Hoggard is in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates covering the Abu Dhabi HSBC Golf Championship for GolfChannel.com. He walked with Tiger and Rory McIlroy when they played nine holes together on Tuesday. Normally, he would throw the events of a practice round out the window but on the first tee today with a right to left wind, he hit a perfect cut into the wind and he smiled knowing that he hit the ball exactly the way he wanted. In Dubai in 2011, that kind of wind threw him for a loop and he struggled when he got into contention in part because of the wind conditions.
Tiger was asked 6 questions about Hank Haney in his 30 minute news conference. He clearly looked irritated by the questioning and repeated what he said last week about it. Haney has said that he is looking at those 6 years together from a historical perspective and thinks that Tiger would enjoy the book if he read it.
In 2012, Tiger and Sean Foley will be continuing their work together to help Tiger get more confident and secure in his swing when the conditions on the course change and when elements like wind come into play. Tiger seems very happy and relaxed and he seemed to be having a lot of fun playing with Rory McIlroy and they may have even had a game going.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path