After speaking to officials from the USGA and R&A last week, Hoggard would not be surprised to see a joint ruling on the anchored stroke soon. Both Mike Davis of the USGA and Peter Dawson of the R&A said that they had been planning a decision on this issue long before Keegan Bradley won the 2011 PGA Championship. While Dawson seems to be bullish on a decision, Davis seems to want to take more time to make sure they agree on a specific and clear definition for any ruling on this issue.
Ernie Els won The Open Championship on Sunday with a solid putt on 18 and that confidence is the result of a lot of work with a golf vision coach. It also marked the second straight year that he got goosebumps while standing beside the 18th green on the Sunday of an Open Championship when a player won the Claret Jug. In a matter of months, Els has gone from someone who did not know what to do on the greens to a Major Champion.
Looking at Rory McIlroy’s 2012 Major Championship year, Hoggard concludes that McIlroy is a 23-year-old who has a lot of things going for him but in terms of Majors he is in a valley right now. McIlroy is not worried about his game and understands that any career in the game of golf has peaks and valleys. Plus, when you bounce back like McIlroy did after the 2011 Masters with his win in the U.S. Open, you do not need any more proof of one’s ability to go from a valley up to a peak again.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path