GolfChannel.com Senior Writer Rex Hoggard is in Bethesda, Maryland this week for the AT&T National. Jason Day got off to a great start in the first round at Congressional but he may be in the same position as Webb Simpson in that he may not play in The Open Championship because his wife is expecting a baby soon. Day has yet to decide whether or not he will go over to England for The Open Championship but he has made it clear that the main priority is being there with his wife for the birth of their child.
Adam Scott shot a first round 75 but he nearly missed the round because he overslept. He is staying in Georgetown which is 45 minutes from Congressional without traffic so it is amazing that he made it with five minutes to spare despite significant traffic. Scott says that his alarm did not go off but his internal alarm also did not go off, so to speak. He feels that he has a good internal alarm which allows him to naturally wake up at the right time on most days. He started on the 10th hole and made par but he was a bit shaky early because he did not practice in preparation for the round.
He walked with Tiger Woods for all 18 holes on Thursday and he had a good-sized crowd but the attendance may be a bit lower because of the heat and because it was Thursday. Another possible reason is the fact that despite Tiger’s presence, the field overall is not as strong as many would like it to be and certainly not as strong as it has been in the past.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Sr. PGA Championship, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots