When asked if he thought that Tiger Woods would play the weekend, Hoggard said that that was a tough question and that it was a big topic of discussion over breakfast this morning. Tiger has never played well at TPC Sawgrass with the exception of a couple of years so on the face of it, it may not look too good. He also spoke with Sean Foley who gave Rex an analysis of Tiger’s statistical performance. After his first round, Tiger’s shoulders were slumped and it seemed as though he just did not feel good about any aspect of his day.
Hoggard spoke with D.A. Points’ agent who said that Points hurt his back while warming up for the first round. Points wanted to play and even went to the first tee before deciding he could not play. There was too little time between Points’ withdrawal and the start of the group so Brian Harman was unable to start immediately. The PGA TOUR made the right choice in creating a space in the schedule for Harman to play as a single on Thursday.
McIlroy, Donald, and Westwood are all hovering around even par after 18 holes and while Hoggard feels good about Lee Westwood today especially with his recent performances at Augusta National and Quail Hollow, he added that they will have to get off to solid starts because Friday morning may be the last chance to make up ground on the leaders.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path