Hoggard is in Fort Worth, Texas this week for the Crowne Plaza Invitational and he also went to the Open Championship qualifier near Dallas. Harris English, who struggled in the last two rounds of THE PLAYERS, had a very impressive performance to say the least. He shot rounds of 60-63 to lead a group of 8 players to qualify for the Open Championship. English took a lot of lessons from TPC Sawgrass and one of those lessons is the value of being calm under pressure. English noticed that playing partner and eventual champion Matt Kuchar seemed to be very calm and relaxed during their entire round at TPC Sawgrass.
There is not a big connection between Ben Hogan and current players on the PGA TOUR. Hogan did not spend a lot of personal time with players who are on the PGA TOUR today but a lot of those players have connections with Hogan through their golf swings. Some players have swings that have fundamentals that are similar to Hogan while others have swings that actually look similar to Hogan. Like the HP Byron Nelson Championship, the Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial is a tribute to a great player and there will a lot of Hogan memories discussed this week.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Senior PGA Championship
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots