GolfChannel.com Senior Writer Rex Hoggard is in Charlotte, North Carolina this week for the Wells Fargo Championship. Webb Simpson is leading by one entering the final round and his caddie Paul Tesori said that the fact that Webb is a member at Quail Hollow helps a great deal because Webb has knowledge of the course that most people do not have. Earlier this year, Paul sat down with Webb and expressed his feelings that Webb’s preparation for events in 2012 had been negatively impacted by his 2011 success and Webb has gotten to work since then.
Geoff Ogilvy, who is 52nd in the world, shot the low round of the day on Saturday with a 65. Ogilvy has been tinkering with his swing his entire career and even more so since he won the 2006 U.S. Open. He and his coach Dale Lynch have been working together on a lot of things ever since Ogilvy was growing up in Australia.
Bud Cauley played his way onto the PGA TOUR in 2011 and now he has played his way into the 2012 PLAYERS with some strong play early in the season. THE PLAYERS is a home event for Cauley and he is well known around TPC Sawgrass. It seems appropriate that Cauley earned his way into this big event through his performance because of what he did to earn his PGA TOUR card in 2011.
Tiger Woods is scheduled to meet with the media on Tuesday at THE PLAYERS and Hoggard thinks that the atmosphere will be interesting considering the fact that he did not do a news conference at the Wells Fargo Championship. Tiger seemed very relaxed on Friday for someone who had just missed the cut and Rex thinks that he is looking forward to THE PLAYERS although Tiger has not played well overall at TPC Sawgrass and has said that he is not the biggest fan of the golf course.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play