Ben Crane is defending his title this week after taking 5 weeks off to rest a bothersome lower back. He missed the PGA Championship due to a bad back although he played the FedExCup Playoffs with a back that Crane later admitted was only 70%. Crane had considered playing in the Frys.com Open last week but decided to wait until this week to return from his break. He will also be playing in the CIMB Classic next week in Malaysia.
Brandt Snedeker, who won the 2012 FedExCup and owns property in Sea Island, GA, will not be in the field this week because he is spending time with his family following the birth and his and his wife’s second child. Snedeker is one of many members of Davis Love III’s U.S. Ryder Cup team who decided not to play in The McGladrey Classic this week. Jim Furyk and Zach Johnson are the only players in the field this week who also played for the U.S. team in the Ryder Cup at Medinah. Although it is a bit surprising that more players did not show up to support tournament host Davis Love III, all of the U.S. team members have great demands on their time and they can only play so many events every year.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots