Hoggard came into the studio dressed as Ben Crane for Halloween. He was at the Nationwide Tour Championship last weekend and was part of Social Media Saturday where he was live tweeting during the third round. He does not understand why Jason Sobel was not a part of Social Media Saturday in South Carolina. The last week of the season was the best week to try such an experiment with everything going on with the Money List. He does not know what the future of golf on television is but he feels that it will involve social media in some form. Producer Keith Hirshland deserves a great deal of credit of trying this experiment during the broadcast. Among the 2012 graduating class, Jason Kokrak who won twice in 2011 is getting talked about the most as a possible future star on the PGA TOUR. Jerry Foltz, who has been out on the Nationwide Tour in some form since its debut in 1990, said that Kokrak is the most talented player he has ever seen on the Nationwide Tour. He spent Saturday following Kokrak in the Nationwide Tour Championship and feels that Foltz is on to something.
Recently he spoke with Ben Crane’s manager to find out where he got the red leotard. Apparently he found it at a garage sale and bought it for $5. Crane is in the field for the WGC-HSBC Champions this week and following his win in Sea Island, he immediately began working to get visa approval to be able to travel to China following his title defense in Malaysia. Fortunately he was successful in getting a visa for this week’s event in Shanghai and is looking forward to playing.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Byron Nelson final round
- SCORING: Bae leads Bradley | LPGA Mobile Bay
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play