Actor Rob Lowe visited Morning Drive this morning from his home state of California. When asked about his golf game, Lowe said that the highlight of his golf career was when he lost $50 to Sam Snead at Snead’s Course in Virginia at The Homestead. Lowe had been playing pretty regularly at that time but Snead shot lower than his age to take the money.
While watching the 2012 Masters, he was rooting for Bubba Watson and over the last six holes he had made a bet with his friends that Bubba was going to win. When it comes to The Masters, it is not only about the golf but it is also about the beauty of the course and surroundings as well as the tradition. He was very happy to say that he collected off of his friends.
The people behind the campaign for the state of California approached Lowe about being involved in promoting the state. One of the things that he loves is that Golf Digest once voted his neighborhood of Santa Barbara as the greatest golf environment. In his opinion, California is the Mecca of great golf and he loves this opportunity to give back to a state that has given him so much in his professional and personal life.
When he is out, he is not recognized for just one role and he is very proud of that fact. Whether he is recognized for Tommy Boy, Austin Powers, The West Wing, The Outsiders, or another role, he is always happy to be recognized and he enjoys that he has many roles that people remember him for. His favorite roles include the work he has done on Californication and The West Wing.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots