With his win the Mylan Classic on the Web.com Tour on Sunday, Streb will go from being a rookie on the Web.com Tour in 2012 to a rookie on the PGA TOUR in 2013 as he moves well inside the top 25 on the Money List. Starting the final round 1 stroke back, he figured that if he shot 5 or 6 under in the final round he would have a good chance to win and it was great to end the day with a victory.
While he is going to continue to try to stay sharp for the 2012 Web.com Tour, he admits that knowing that he will be on the PGA TOUR in 2013 takes a lot of pressure off of his shoulders. He had been looking at his Money List position every week and entering the Mylan Classic he knew that he was close but now he knows that he will be on the PGA TOUR next year.
When asked what event he was looking forward to most, he said that he was looking forward to all of them but then added that it would be great to play the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am because he might have the chance to play his favorite course at Cypress Point.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Woods out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path