With his win the Mylan Classic on the Web.com Tour on Sunday, Streb will go from being a rookie on the Web.com Tour in 2012 to a rookie on the PGA TOUR in 2013 as he moves well inside the top 25 on the Money List. Starting the final round 1 stroke back, he figured that if he shot 5 or 6 under in the final round he would have a good chance to win and it was great to end the day with a victory.
While he is going to continue to try to stay sharp for the 2012 Web.com Tour, he admits that knowing that he will be on the PGA TOUR in 2013 takes a lot of pressure off of his shoulders. He had been looking at his Money List position every week and entering the Mylan Classic he knew that he was close but now he knows that he will be on the PGA TOUR next year.
When asked what event he was looking forward to most, he said that he was looking forward to all of them but then added that it would be great to play the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am because he might have the chance to play his favorite course at Cypress Point.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia apologizes for Woods "fried chicken" remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth