When asked about the 1991 Ryder Cup and about the multi-colored hat that he wore as an NBC analyst, Maltbie said that it was a company-issued hat and he wore what they gave him. The atmosphere was highly charged during the 1991 Ryder Cup as the Gulf War was still fresh in people’s minds and the U.S. fans really wanted the Ryder Cup back. Maltbie was not even under contract with NBC at the time but it was the most memorable moment of his broadcasting career.
Maltbie then talked about the Optishot Infrared Golf Simulator and said that it is a lot of fun while also being instructional and informative. It is simulated golf that you can play inside your house and Optishot features some of the greatest golf courses in the world including Medinah Country Club which is hosting the Ryder Cup next week. For more information, go to dancindogg.com.
All 12 of the U.S. team members plus 5 members of the European team are at East Lake this week for the Tour Championship and all are trying to win the FedExCup. The value of the FedExCup has gone up over the years and it is certainly a feather in the cap of any professional on the PGA TOUR. When he was playing on the PGA TOUR, the money list was the most important thing and it is interesting to see how the focus has shifted from money to FedExCup points.
Tiger made some very interesting comments about Rory McIlroy during the BMW Championship and it is clear that Tiger admires Rory’s game as well as Rory himself which is not surprising because Rory is a great person. In the past, Tiger has not been known to say nice things publicly about players who are competing against him. But it is clear that he has a lot of respect for Rory.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play