The final of the 112th U.S. Amateur between Michael Weaver and Steven Fox was very exciting as Weaver, who had led since the 7th hole of the day and was 2UP with 2 to play, ended up losing the 35th and 36th holes before losing to Fox on the 37th hole. Steven Fox, who plays for the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga, entered the week as a virtual unknown and it will be interesting to see what he does in competition between now and the 2013 Major Championships.
Paula Creamer tied for 19th in the Safeway Classic after a final round 76. She has not won since the 2010 U.S. Women’s Open and the main reason behind the drought is the putter. She has struggled with her putting for the last couple years although some have also pointed to her serious thumb injury from 2010. Once putting gets into your head, it is hard to recover from those struggles and Creamer is trying to do exactly that right now.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots