Ron Sirak is the Executive Editor of Golf World Magazine and he is in La Quinta, CA where he was covering the Humana Challenge. He was lucky enough to have been among the reporters to have met with Bill Clinton last fall to discuss this event so he was looking forward to how things would go. He was so impressed with how hard President Clinton worked with every aspect of this event and just how many people Clinton shook hands with, talked with, and signed autographs for. There was an electricity in the air everywhere he went and by extension he brought a great deal of energy to this event both on-site and off-site. Humana signed an 8 year deal to sponsor this event in part because they know it will take longer than a year to get the message of health and wellness out to the public. They took great steps towards that goal this past week.
Looking ahead to the 2012 Ryder Cup, Davis Love III will be holding a news conference during the week of the AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am and may discuss his picks for Assistant Captains. It will be his first news conference as captain and Sirak thinks that possibilities for the Assistant Captain roles include Fred Couples if he does not return as Presidents Cup captain in 2013, Mike Hulbert, and possible future captains including David Toms and Jim Furyk.
The PGA Merchandise Show is being held this week in Orlando, Florida and it is amazing how much the event has grown since it began literally in the trunk of a PGA professional’s car. There will be so many clubs, balls, clothes, and other products on displays and available for demonstration that it has made the Show much more than a place to sell new equipment to audiences that are eager for it.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play