There were 26 long putter and 17 belly putters last week in The Open Championship and 3 of the last 4 Major Championships have been won with a long or belly putter. The anchored putter is squarely in the radar of the USGA and R&A and Sirak expects there to be an announcement on this subject by this fall.
Tiger Woods finished tied for 3rd last week which is his best finish in a Major Championship since finishing runner-up in the 2009 PGA Championship. In Sirak’s opinion, Tiger is not the same player he was from 150 yards and in. At one point, Tiger was as good as a Seve or Trevino on and around the green as well as with his wedges but that is clearly no longer the case. That part of his game could well be the difference between winning and not winning Major Championships.
Justin Timberlake, who has been very supportive of the game of golf, has been named a U.S. Ryder Cup Team Ambassador. He will make some public appearances to promote the 2012 Ryder Cup and will also be attendance at various galas and the opening ceremonies as well as the Matches themselves. He is very excited to be involved and Sirak expects Timberlake to have the best seat in the house at Medinah.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Wind howling at Nelson | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile Bay; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play