There were 26 long putter and 17 belly putters last week in The Open Championship and 3 of the last 4 Major Championships have been won with a long or belly putter. The anchored putter is squarely in the radar of the USGA and R&A and Sirak expects there to be an announcement on this subject by this fall.
Tiger Woods finished tied for 3rd last week which is his best finish in a Major Championship since finishing runner-up in the 2009 PGA Championship. In Sirak’s opinion, Tiger is not the same player he was from 150 yards and in. At one point, Tiger was as good as a Seve or Trevino on and around the green as well as with his wedges but that is clearly no longer the case. That part of his game could well be the difference between winning and not winning Major Championships.
Justin Timberlake, who has been very supportive of the game of golf, has been named a U.S. Ryder Cup Team Ambassador. He will make some public appearances to promote the 2012 Ryder Cup and will also be attendance at various galas and the opening ceremonies as well as the Matches themselves. He is very excited to be involved and Sirak expects Timberlake to have the best seat in the house at Medinah.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads as rain halts play at Colonial | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots