The Open Championship will be held at Royal Lytham & St. Annes this year. There are 206 bunkers on that course and that is just one of the reasons why the course will be very tough this year and could play even tougher than The Olympic Club which is amazing considering the fact that Webb Simpson won with +1.
Melissa Reid’s win in Prague just four weeks after the sudden death of her mother is inspirational for so many reasons as it is not only a win in golf, but also a win in life as it is unimaginable for someone to go through a tragedy like Melissa did but then come back to win in her first start. Melissa showed what she is capable of in the 2011 Solheim Cup and he hopes that she will have success on the LPGA Tour in the United States.
Brittany Lang became the first player from Duke University to earn a win on the LPGA Tour. Despite producing several NCAA Championship team and many great collegiate players including Lang, it took until Sunday for a former Duke Blue Devil to win on the LPGA Tour and this win could be start of something big for Lang as she has come close a number of times on the LPGA Tour before her win.
The Manulife Financial LPGA Classic was held for the very first time in 2012 and by all accounts it was a huge success as the golf was very exciting and the crowds were large every day. The people in Canada were truly excited to have the LPGA Tour in town and in a sense it was a throwback to the days of events in smaller markets like the Corning Classic where the communities would support the events in force. Sirak said that he hopes Commissioner Michael Whan was paying attention to this fact and also hopes that there will be more of these events in the future.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process