Tiger Woods’ Golf Course Design career has some good news. After his projects in Dubai and North Carolina have been either delayed or cancelled, his project in Punta Brava out west appears to be underway and the plan is to open the course for member play in September of 2013. Sirak feels that there is certainly some pressure to get the project underway and finished as soon as possible.
When it comes to future changes to the World Golf Hall of Fame criteria, changes will have to involve ways to attract more attention from fans and more attention from past inductees. There were only 14 past inductees in attendance this year and only a few professionals including Jim Furyk and Keegan Bradley were in attendance. Sirak said that he is a voter and his policy is to not vote for anyone under 50. He feels that if you are still actively trying to win Majors every year you should not be inducted into the World Golf Hall of Fame.
Casey Martin, who played in the 1998 U.S. Open at Olympic Club and is now the coach of the Men’s Golf team at Oregon, played his way into the 2012 U.S. Open Sectional Qualifier last week. Martin is famous for going to court to win the right to use a golf cart during tournaments due to a degenerative leg condition. That condition ended his competing career after a few years and it would certainly be a great story if he were to earn a place in the field for the 2012 U.S. Open at the course where he finished T23 in 1998.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots