Phil Mickelson will try to win $1 million for charity tonight during halftime of the San Diego Chargers game. In this KPMG Chip4Charity, he will attempt to hit from one end zone into a bulls-eye in the other end zone and the closer he gets to the target, the more money he will raise for charity to help kids.
The European Tour now considers the Ryder Cup, Presidents Cup, and Seve Trophy to be official starts and with more and more players looking at themselves as international brands, this decision will serve to encourage more Americans to consider dual membership on both the PGA TOUR and the European Tour.
Jim Justice, the owner of The Greenbrier Resort, bought Oakhurst Links which dates back to 1884. It is a nine-hole course where you play with hickory-shafted clubs and gutta percha balls. The course is a very special place and it was in danger of closing as it was having significant problems finding a new owner but thanks to Jim Justice, Oakhurst Links will continue to provide a very unique experience for those who love the game of golf.
Doug Brecht was a longtime member of the LPGA Tour family as a Rules Official for 22 years and he was very passionate about enforcing the rules but also about enforcing them fairly. Sirak said that he spent some time with Brecht during the U.S. Women’s Open earlier this year discussing in detail the rules as they relate to pace of play. Brecht was a great person and he will missed by everyone who knew him.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots