The weather was to say the very least challenging during the RICOH Women’s British Open but that was to be expected when the event was moved to September because of the Summer Olympics in London. You could see the exhaustion on the faces of all of the players by the end of the 36-hole day on Sunday as the conditions left the players tired and out of gas.
U.S. Ryder Cup Captain Davis Love III is heavily involved in the course setup at Medinah and he is taking a page from Paul Azinger’s playbook by having short rough on the course. Love III agrees with Azinger that it is a good idea to allow the longer U.S. hitters to take advantage of their length off of the tee.
The economy in all of Europe is struggling and Spain has been hit hardest. The Andalucia Masters which was to have been held in October was cancelled due to lack of funds. The event in Andalucia is the fourth Spanish tournament to be cancelled for 2012 due to lack of money. It is always surprising to see events be cancelled but it is really shocking to see four events in one country cancelled within the same year.
There are good and bad missed cuts and Jeff Klauk had a good one on the Web.com Tour. After missing six months due to brain surgery to try to fix a problem with seizures, he shot 71-69 to miss the cut in the Albertsons Boise Open. He has a Major Medical Exemption and will play in the upcoming Web.com Tour event in Ponte Vedra Beach where he grew up and where his father Fred was the longtime course superintendent at TPC Sawgrass.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A announce ban on anchored stroke
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae