Golf World Executive Editor Ron Sirak is in Norton, Massachusetts for the final round of the Deutsche Bank Championship. Tiger Woods’ final round scoring average in 2012 is significantly higher than what it has been in past years and Sirak said the biggest reason for this can be found in the putter. It seems as though Tiger loses his confidence with the putter in the final round and that loss of confidence could be in relation to all of the changes he has been going through in his game and his swing. You never know but the fact that the final round this week is on Monday could end up helping Tiger.
He thinks that both Dustin Johnson and Brandt Snedeker will earn places on Davis Love III’s U.S. Ryder Cup team because they are not only playing well right now, but they are also putting well and any Ryder Cup team needs players who can putt. Both players have turned in great performances so far in the FedExCup Playoffs and a good round today could mean that they will be going to Medinah later this month.
Luke Donald showed why Twitter can get you in trouble. He intended to send out a private message to someone but it was released publicly. Not only did it contain his cell phone number, but it also contained a comment that was very critical of architect Gil Hanse. Donald has released an apology to Hanse and he will have to change his phone number.
Golf World began an annual charity issue three years ago and this year, the magazine is focusing on the PGA TOUR Wives Association which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year. The game of golf has raised billions of dollars for many different charities and the Wives Association has done wonderful work with organizations including Blessings in a Backpack and Birdies For The Brave.
When asked who he thought Love III will pick on Tuesday, he said that Love III will add Stricker, Furyk, Dustin Johnson, and Brandt Snedeker to the team.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process