Since he became #1 in the world, it has been great and he went up to New York on Sunday night to spend a couple of days with his girlfriend. It has been fun to relax for a couple of days in New York and he is heading back to Miami later in the day on Tuesday.
When he got onto the tennis court Monday night in jeans and a sweater at Madison Square Garden, he was not concerned at all that Maria Sharapova would hit a ball at him. It was a lot of fun and it was a great honor to be able to play tennis there.
The fact that he won The Honda Classic and became World #1 with Tiger shooting 62 on Sunday just made it that much more special. It has been good to get away from the game for a couple of days and he feels like that he will be ready for Doral on Thursday. He knew that Tiger was playing well all day and he heard the roars all around the course and after Tiger eagled 18, he knew he had to play solid and he did.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth