Burr is the newest addition to the Golf Channel family as he comes to Orlando from ESPN where he covered numerous sports. One of the greatest things about golf is that it is an individual sport and it is very different dynamic from team sports because while you can rely on others in team sports, everything in golf is down to the individual person.
Watching Rory McIlroy over the last couple of years, Burr thinks that Rory has the potential to transcend all sports in the near future. He definitely believes that Rory can do what Tiger Woods has done in that Rory can lift the game of golf to new levels while also becoming a mainstream star outside of the niche of golf.
He was born and raised in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania so Oakmont Country Club is his favorite golf course. He loves all of the history that is involved with that great course and he is happy that the U.S. Open will return there in 2016. Phil Mickelson is his favorite golfer because he has a great ability to hit all kinds of exciting shots and the way he plays the game excites the fans. Plus, like Phil, Burr considers himself to be a gambler on the golf course.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGA of America | USGA
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae