Shawn Stefani earned his first win on the Web.com Tour on Sunday in the Midwest Classic. Sometimes things have to go your way and it definitely did on Sunday when his approach to the 18th green bounced off of the grandstand and ended up 3 feet from the hole. To be perfectly honest, he had never even considered trying something like that but to have such luck at such an unbelievable time is stunning. It takes a lot to win any golf tournament and in order to play well, you sometimes need some good breaks and a lot of great things happened to him on Sunday. Along with playing well, he also had some things go his way.
He has been through Q-School a few times and he feels that he has been close to breaking through a number of times after some very hard work. However, he feels that he would not be where he is now without a very supportive family and a very supportive team who have been with him through the good times and the bad times.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a friend
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path