On Thursday, he spent some time with Rory McIlroy and Caroline Wozniacki and even gave them a ride on his golf cart. During pro-am days, it is common for players to ask media members for rides on their golf carts following interviews as a way for them to get back to the clubhouse. What he did for Rory and Caroline was not unusual but it was unusual that it was seen on television. Both of them are excellent athletes and it is clear that they care about each other very much. It is great to see two people of that stature feel comfortable enough to act like the young couple that they are.
The FedExCup Playoffs are volatile enough right now to where a player like Nick Watney who won last week after struggling throughout the 2012 season can jump to #1 in Points. It is definitely a topic being discussed this week and he would not be surprised to see a rules change for the 2013 FedExCup Playoffs. Sands thinks that the points value of the Playoff events will be reduced and will no longer be worth 5 times more than the regular season events. However, Sands does support the idea of making winning important during the Playoffs and that is currently happening in the FedExCup Playoffs. There should be a stark difference between winning and not winning in the regular season but especially in the postseason.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Bradley at Byron Nelson
- SCORING: Nelson Day 3 | Volvo: G-Mac in semis
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process