Golf Channel Reporter Steve Sands is in Doral for the WGC-Cadillac Championship. He interviewed Rory McIlroy on Tuesday and he learned that Rory is the best example that he has ever seen of someone who is totally comfortable in their own skin. Sands said that he and Rory talked about a whole range of subjects including both professional and personal, public and private. Rory feels that his ascension to World #1 is a natural progression in his career that he set for himself when he first turned professional.
He has also spent some time with Phil Mickelson recently and it was very interesting to hear his perspective on World #1 because as long as he has been on the PGA TOUR and as well as he has played over the years, he has never been World #1. He has been to World #2 a number of times but he was always behind Tiger Woods in the past. Both Phil and Tiger Woods will have News Conferences today and while Tiger has already commented on Rory’s ascension, Phil will be making his first public comments.
Donald Trump recently bought the Doral Golf Resort & Spa for $150 million and his goal is to transform both the resort and the golf course. Most of the future money that Trump will put into the resort will be for the hotel rooms while he has also hired Gil Hanse to lead renovations of the golf course. Trump will be holding a News Conference at Doral on Thursday and as it is with anything he does, it should be very interesting.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: BMW PGA Championship, Round 3
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | At a glance
- Monty: All frightened to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- F. Molinari leads BMW | McIlroy, McDowell MC
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots