Conditions at TPC Sawgrass have changed on Saturday as the winds are up to about 20-25 miles per hour as play is beginning. Sands said that they had not seen winds like that all week and if they continue, this will be a difficult day to shoot low scores.
There is a palpable buzz around the 17th hole and whether the people there are having fun or anxiously watching the players, it is a unique atmosphere and it is also among the most unique experiences in all of golf. While the 17th may not be the greatest par 3 in golf, the experience certainly ranks among the best.
The key moment for Tiger Woods during his second round came at the par 3 8th hole. He stepped to the tee two shots off of the cut line when he hit a great tee shot and then made the putt for birdie. He would birdie holes 8-11 but the tee shot at 8 was the moment that got Tiger into the weekend at TPC Sawgrass.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: Bradley holding lead | Mobile Bay LPGA
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Colsaerts loses at Volvo after bizarre drop | Results
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | Rd. 2 at a glance
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process