Conditions at TPC Sawgrass have changed on Saturday as the winds are up to about 20-25 miles per hour as play is beginning. Sands said that they had not seen winds like that all week and if they continue, this will be a difficult day to shoot low scores.
There is a palpable buzz around the 17th hole and whether the people there are having fun or anxiously watching the players, it is a unique atmosphere and it is also among the most unique experiences in all of golf. While the 17th may not be the greatest par 3 in golf, the experience certainly ranks among the best.
The key moment for Tiger Woods during his second round came at the par 3 8th hole. He stepped to the tee two shots off of the cut line when he hit a great tee shot and then made the putt for birdie. He would birdie holes 8-11 but the tee shot at 8 was the moment that got Tiger into the weekend at TPC Sawgrass.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGA of America | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae