Louis Oosthuizen is leading by 3 strokes after 54 holes and he is doing everything well in terms of his golf but he is not 100% healthy. It appeared that he hurt himself during the back nine on Sunday and he told Sands that he had strained a pectoral muscle but he was confident that he would be fine after some treatment. Sands expects Oosthuizen to be 100% healthy for the final round today.
Rory McIlroy is 3 back and is paired with Oosthuizen in the final round although in terms of his statistics, he has not done anything overwhelming this week. McIlroy had a solid finish on Sunday and that should give everyone confidence about what he is capable of in the final round. At one point, McIlroy was 8 strokes back on Sunday and he was able to reduce the deficit to just 3 strokes. His driving appears to have improved from the first round on Friday and Sands thinks that McIlroy will give Oosthuizen a run for the title today.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchor attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly