Louis Oosthuizen is leading by 3 strokes after 54 holes and he is doing everything well in terms of his golf but he is not 100% healthy. It appeared that he hurt himself during the back nine on Sunday and he told Sands that he had strained a pectoral muscle but he was confident that he would be fine after some treatment. Sands expects Oosthuizen to be 100% healthy for the final round today.
Rory McIlroy is 3 back and is paired with Oosthuizen in the final round although in terms of his statistics, he has not done anything overwhelming this week. McIlroy had a solid finish on Sunday and that should give everyone confidence about what he is capable of in the final round. At one point, McIlroy was 8 strokes back on Sunday and he was able to reduce the deficit to just 3 strokes. His driving appears to have improved from the first round on Friday and Sands thinks that McIlroy will give Oosthuizen a run for the title today.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- No. 1-ranked amateur Williams signs with Nike
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path