Golf Channel Tournament Host Terry Gannon is in Charlotte, North Carolina this week for the Wells Fargo Championship. It was a very interesting first two days at Quail Hollow with the big names featured in the broadcast window on both days as well as the big names fighting to make the cut on Friday. It is a great story to have Watney and Simpson paired together today on a week where they are staying in the same house in Charlotte.
It is amazing to see Tiger Woods struggle as much as he is after his win at Bay Hill and after some work with Sean Foley. His confidence has to be shot right now because he has a two-way miss on his shots and Gannon does not see how Tiger can get it all together before the first round of THE PLAYERS. No one has any idea what is going on with Tiger or what to expect from him next week. But he definitely needs more reps on the golf course.
Rory McIlroy is six shots back after 36 holes and Gannon thinks that Rory is in prime position to make a run for the top of the leaderboard this weekend. Rory has made the decision that he is not going to burn himself out and will play selective events while maintaining an international schedule. The plan seems to be working for Rory and based on his history at Quail Hollow, Gannon thinks that we will see McIlroy in contention late on Sunday.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Donald's three-peat BMW PGA bid ends with MC
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- LPGA Bahamas playing 12 holes in Round 1
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots