Golf Channel Analyst Curt Byrum is part of this weekend’s Spotlight Coverage of holes 16-18 at the Deutsche Bank Championship on Golf Channel alongside Rich Lerner. The last 3 holes at TPC Boston provide a number of scoring opportunities late in the final round. The 16th hole is playing 167 yards and while the pin position looks intimidating, there are a number of ways that players can get close to the holes. The 17th hole also provides a number of opportunities to make birdie. But the highlight of the closing stretch will be the par 5 18th hole. There will be some great chances at eagle today.
Part of the final round buzz at TPC Boston involves Davis Love III’s Captain’s Pick announcement tomorrow. He thinks that Stricker is a lock and Dustin Johnson will be if he plays well today. The same is true of Brandt Snedeker and Jim Furyk if they play well and if that is the case, Hunter Mahan will be the odd man out this time.
The key for any player trying to make up ground on Louis Oosthuizen today is getting off to a hot start on the early holes. Contenders may have to eagle the short par 4 4th hole to have a chance. Many people are waiting for Tiger Woods to make a final round run in 2012 and if he is able to get off to a good start, the atmosphere at TPC Boston will be electrified. Tiger had a stretch of birdies on the front nine on Friday so we know he can go low on the front nine at TPC Boston. He used to be the best putter on the PGA TOUR so we are used to seeing more runs from him than we have seen in the last few years.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process