Louis Oosthuizen’s win in Malaysia after his playoff loss in The Masters is a big deal and may be the biggest non-Major win of 2012 when you take into account the loss in The Masters and the amount of travel involved to get from Augusta to Malaysia. In 2011, Rory McIlroy finished 3rd in Malaysia after his final round struggle at Augusta National but that is a bit different from winning. This accomplishment shows what kind of character Oosthuizen has and Tim would not be surprised to see Louis contend often in 2012.
Dustin Johnson had to withdraw from The Masters due to a back injury and now he has had to withdraw from the Ballantine’s Championship in South Korea which will not only cost him a tournament but also a big appearance fee. Johnson did not want to get on an airplane for 13 hours and then have to withdraw. This injury is significant and even D.J.’s coach Butch Harmon declined to comment.
When it comes to marketing Bubba Watson, there is a desire to not change who he is in any way. His strong Christian faith will play a role in determining some of the new companies that may sign up Watson in the future. Before he won The Masters, he was known as someone who spoke his mind and there is a desire to maintain that quality.
Tim cannot recall a time when someone’s first Major win received so much positive media coverage. The fact is that Bubba Watson with his pink driver, long hair, hooking and slicing shots, sense of humor, and other unique qualities make him interesting to a lot of people and they are buying into Bubba Watson.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path