Rosaforte joined Morning Drive on Monday from Long Island, NY at Wheatley Hills GC where 2011 PGA Champion Keegan Bradley worked in the bag room while he was a student at St. John’s University. Bradley has not forgotten where he has come from and he has spent a lot of time before the corporate event hanging out in the bag room and spending time with old friends.
Lee Westwood parted ways with his coach Pete Cowen and his interim caddie after the PGA Championship and he may have found a new coach for his short game in Tony Johnstone who is a former professional golfer. Westwood has been great from tee to green for many years but his short game has been the thing that has kept him from winning more tournaments including more Majors. The relationship has gotten off to a good start and if it continues to do well, this could be the thing that propels him to a first Major Championship title. He is in New York this week for the first PGA TOUR Playoff event at Bethpage State Park.
Lee Westwood and Rory McIlroy are just two of numerous Europeans who have dual membership on the European Tour and the PGA TOUR. Those players with dual memberships have to fulfill obligations on both schedules while simultaneously succeeding in both places. Carl Pettersson is an example of a European who has chosen to play on the PGA TOUR only and as a result, he cannot play on the European Ryder Cup team. The European Tour has been steadily increasing the number of required events for membership and there may come a time where Europeans have to choose between the tours or a tour will have to reduce its requirements.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchor attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly