John Peterson started the week at #831 in the world and despite not having status on any tour, he is now going to The Masters and the U.S. Open in 2013 thanks to his T4 finish. Thanks to that finish, he is now able to assemble something of a schedule for the rest of 2012. This is a great change in fortune following the summer of 2011 when he was passed over for the Walker Cup despite winning the NCAA Individual title that year. He was also a little upset that he had to go from Memphis to Ohio to qualify for the U.S. Open but he did it and he was able to have a career week.
Beau Hossler was arguably the star of the week other than Webb Simpson and he had an amazing first three days before struggling and ultimately losing the Low Amateur honors to Jordan Spieth. All in all, it was a great week for Hossler and Rosaforte feels that he could be the real deal. He acts like someone who is older than 17 and after graduating from high school later this year, he will head to the University of Texas. He has always known what he has wanted and it will interesting to see what happens next.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae