Lee Westwood is making a lot of changes in his life as he approaches his 40th birthday in April of next year. He has recently fired his short game coach and his caddie and his family is moving to South Florida where they will have a permanent residence. His former caddie Billy Foster injured himself while playing soccer in Charlotte earlier this year and is still questionable for the 2013 season. As a result, Westwood will keep Mike Kerr as his caddie. As he gets older, he wants to prolong his career and by basing himself in the United States, he will be able to prepare more for the upcoming season and he hopes that he will be able to win not only Majors but more events around the world. Unlike other players like Charl Schwartzel and Louis Oosthuizen who live in South Florida part-time, Westwood will live there full-time.
World #1 Rory McIlroy missed the cut in the UBS Hong Kong Open last week and McIlroy said that he is exhausted and plans to reduce his schedule for the 2013 season. When he plays in tournaments and in many cases accepts appearance fees, he does not only play in the tournaments but he also attends numerous press conferences, photo opportunities, dinners, and other corporate obligatory events. McIlroy needs to be careful about burning himself out and he should seek the advice of his friend Tiger Woods who travelled a lot when he was younger and also suffered from burnout.
Many friends and family gathered to celebrate the life of Jim Flick. Tom Lehman spoke at the event and told everyone gathered how Flick helped him as a teacher and as a friend. Phil Mickelson, Bob Estes, Bob Toski, and Beau Hossler were among the gathered and while Jack Nicklaus was unable to be there in person, he appeared via video.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management