Davis Love III’s initial goal for the McGladrey Classic was to make the event the premier site of the Fall Series. Ultimately Davis would like to see the event become part of the FedExCup season but for right now, it has established a nice niche for itself and he is content to improve the event within the Fall Series parameters. The event this year may not have been as exciting as the Frys.com Open but it was still a step in the right direction for this event. He is not sure what Greg Norman’s comments about Tiger will mean psychologically for the Presidents Cup. Ultimately Greg Norman’s comments are about his dislike of Tiger’s current swing and it will be interesting to see if Tiger and the rest of the U.S. team will be fired up. He also doubts that Greg and Tiger will be playing casual rounds together at Medalist Golf Club in Jupiter, Florida. At the McGladrey Classic, Rosaforte played in the Pro-Am with Jim Cantore of the Weather Channel and Matt Ginella of Golf Digest as part of Bryce Molder’s team while Rex Hoggard and Gary Williams played with Charles Howell III. Tim said that his team was playing well and that Gary was spending too much time interviewing Charles Howell III and tweeting pictures of the course. He also added that Gary has a double-wide wallet that is stuffed full of all kinds of credit cards and money. Tim hoped for the big trophy in the Wednesday Pro-Am but he will take a victory over Team Williams/Hoggard.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth