Nick Watney had a chance for a final round 59 on his way to a 61 and a win in the CIMB Classic and Rosaforte added that Watney is particularly pleased with his win because his San Francisco Giants won the World Series (although his coach Butch Harmon prefers the New York Giants of the NFL over the San Francisco Giants). Prior to the trip to Asia, Watney had been struggling with his swing and Harmon pulled out some video of Greg Norman when he was playing at his best in 1993. Watney seemed to be inspired by that video and he took those good thoughts to Malaysia.
Jon Curran, who has been a roommate of Keegan Bradley while they were both living in Florida, made it through the first stage of Q-School and Bradley has been Curran’s biggest supporter. Curran is well aware of how important the Second Stage of Q-School is because if he can get to the Final Stage, it is likely that he can secure at least a Web.com Tour card for the 2013 and if that happens, he will be on the road to joining his good friend Keegan on the PGA TOUR.
Rosaforte will be inducted into the Palm Beach County Hall of Fame as well as the South Florida PGA Hall of Fame and both awards are incredibly humbling. He has lived in South Florida covering the game of golf for the last 30 years and he has enjoyed every minute of it and while he is honored by the accolades, he has no plans to hang up the typewriter any time soon.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Watch Byron Nelson final round
- SCORING: Bradley starts with lead | LPGA Mobile
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bradley leads Nelson by 1 | At a glance
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Chella Choi leads Mobile; Nordqvist fires 61
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- No. 1 Cal (11 wins) headlines 30-team NCAA field
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play