Golf Channel Reporter Todd Lewis is in Augusta, Georgia this week for the 76th Masters Tournament. Augusta, Georgia reportedly received 1 and three quarters inches of rain last night as well as high winds and the course is wet right now although it has been wet most of this week. The players understand that if the course is wet, many players who would have a good chance to win on a firm and fast course are now likely out of contention.
During his Tuesday News Conference, Tiger Woods reflected on his first Masters in 1995 when he played a Wednesday practice round with Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer and how he learned a great deal about Augusta National from both of them. Jack Nicklaus has also been a mentor to a number of players about The Masters including Charl Schwartzel and Rory McIlroy.
Phil Mickelson is a player who has taken a number of players around the Augusta National. Phil said in his Tuesday News Conference that he will tell players a lot of things but not everything about the Augusta National and The Masters. In reality, the young players do not ask a lot of questions but Phil is more than willing to offer advice.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- LPGA event may be further shortened | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly