The Vice President of Rules & Competitions for the PGA TOUR, Mark Russell, joined Todd Lewis and said that the course is very soft because of all of the rain but the weather is nice this morning and Russell anticipates low scores today. The grounds crew have done an incredible job this week to prepare the golf course and while it is unfortunate that the weather has forced lift, clean, and place to be in use in the final round, Russell expects that the tournament will be completed today.
Sergio Garcia has a substitute caddie this week because he and his regular caddie split up after the PGA Championship. David Faircloth, who is a North Carolina native, is on Sergio’s bag this week after caddying for one of the tournament organizers during the pro-am. Faircloth was asked if he wanted to be Sergio’s caddie and he accepted the offer. The relationship between player and caddie is going well as Sergio has said that David has not given a wrong club at any time so far this week. Sergio still does not have a new permanent caddie and so next week, he will have Wayne Richardson, who is a member of the production support staff at CBS Sports, on the bag.
Good play tends to lift your spirits and Sergio Garcia is playing very well this week. He is playing incredibly well from tee to green and is also putting well. Garcia’s main problem on the course has been an inconsistent putter but when he is putting well, he tends to contend. It is appropriate that he is playing well at Sedgefield because he finished 3rd in a Web.com Tour event there as an amateur in 1998 and also finished 4th in the 2009 Wyndham Championship at Sedgefield.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger: No desire to clear the air with Garcia
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Mickelson to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Teater leads British Open qualifier; Guthrie 1 back
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae