Golf Channel Reporter Todd Lewis is in Ancaster, Ontario, Canada this week for the RBC Canadian Open. Open Championship Runner-up Adam Scott is not in the field this week and in large part because is very popular and well-liked among so many people on the PGA TOUR, many people who are in Canada this week feel terrible for what Adam experienced. Many players in Canada have been in that position in tournaments in the past and understand what it feels like to be under pressure and to be trying to make something happen instead of letting it evolve naturally.
One year ago in the RBC Canadian Open in Vancouver, Mike Weir was struggling with an elbow injury and ended up withdrawing following a lot of struggles and notably a shanked drive. Weir underwent surgery and he has struggled on the PGA TOUR since returning to golf but despite those struggles, he is still carrying the hopes of his home country on his shoulders to win his national Open. A Canadian has not won the RBC Canadian Open since Pat Fletcher in 1954 and while there are a number of Canadians in the field this week, no Canadian is receiving as much fan support as Mike Weir.
Scott Stallings is one of most optimistic players on the PGA TOUR and it is always fun to spend time with him. Stallings suffered a rib injury at the Humana Challenge and was forced to take some time off. He had been struggling for much of the 2012 season until he figured something out during his title defense at The Greenbrier Classic earlier this month. He clearly figured something out because he earned his second career PGA TOUR win two weeks later and everyone is very happy to see Stallings succeed again.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process